Today American Express began rolling out a new mobile feature called Pay It Plan It℠ across all eligible U.S. Consumer Credit and Co-Brand Cards that gives Card Members two new ways to pay for the things they buy.
With Pay It℠, Card Members can use their American Express App to select smaller purchases and pay that purchase amount right away with a tap. With Plan It℠, Card Members can select purchases over $100 and choose to make monthly payments ranging from three to 24 months with a fixed fee and no interest. Card Members can also continue to pay their bill at the end of the month, either the minimum due, the full amount or anything in between, just as they normally do. No matter which way a Card Member chooses to pay, they can earn rewards and build credit.
“We are thrilled to provide American Express Card Members new, flexible ways to pay for their purchases," said Kartik Mani, head of Global Consumer Lending at American Express. “Pay It was inspired by Card Members who prefer making multiple payments throughout the month. Now we've made it even easier to do this in our app. For larger purchases, we developed Plan It to give Card Members another way to pay over time with a “no surprises” plan that offers transparent, monthly payments for a fixed fee.”
How It Works:
Card Members simply log into their American Express Mobile App where they will see Pay It and Plan It icons next to qualifying purchases. Card Members can also access Plan It by visiting AmericanExpress.com.
- With “Pay It” they can tap on smaller purchases once they appear on the account to make a payment and reduce their balance.
- With “Plan It,” Card Members can pay for qualifying purchases – those greater than $100 – by choosing a monthly payment Plan with a fixed fee and no interest. When Card Members click on the purchase and choose to “Plan It,” they will be offered up to three Plan options, with terms that range from three months to 24 months. A monthly Plan fee is calculated and displayed along with the monthly payment so there are no surprises, and Card Members can choose the Plan that is right for their needs and budget. The monthly Plan payment will be added to the Card Member’s minimum payment due each month.
Mr. Mani added, “We are excited to serve our Card Members by giving them new payment options that they can adjust to fit their financial needs and goals, while they continue to earn a wide range of rewards and receive the service and security of American Express.”
Pay It Plan It is available on eligible U.S. Consumer Credit and Co-Brand Cards that were issued before June 1, 2017. Cards issued after June 1 will have this new feature added to their Cards in early 2018. Eligible Cards include:
- Amex EveryDay® Credit Card
- Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card
- Blue from American Express® Card
- Blue Cash® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Sky from American Express® Card
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
- Plenti® Credit Card from Amex
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- The Mercedes-Benz Credit Card from American Express
To learn more about “Pay It Plan It,” visit americanexpress.com/payitplanit.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, instagram.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Key links to products, services and corporate responsibility information: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, Plenti rewards program, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, Accertify, corporate card, business travel, and corporate responsibility.