Aligning with global travel trends, American Express Travel’s FINE HOTELS & RESORTS will expand in 2017, with the introduction of 77 properties in trending and emerging markets, also debuting a new niche collection that reflects the preferences of today’s family-focused, luxury travelers. The exclusive hotel program – now over 25 years old – has expanded by nearly 50% over the last five years and 11% since 2016. The FINE HOTELS & RESORTS program offers premium Card Members an exclusive suite of complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550* when booked through American Express Travel.
“Every year, we evolve our portfolio of properties based on hotel industry and customer trends and we partner with the best of the best in the industry,” says Allison Beer, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, American Express Travel. “Our lodging programs are comprised of superior hotel options – a roster that’s carefully curated with our Card Members in mind. We examine internal data, conduct independent property evaluations and place great emphasis on the direct feedback we receive from Card Members to further enhance these exclusive programs. Based on all those inputs, we strive to make Fine Hotels and Resorts the best curated program in the industry.”
Meeting the needs of the evolving global traveler, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS will expand to new global markets including Copenhagen, Cape Cod and Bath and emerging leisure markets such as Sri Lanka, Ecuador and Mongolia.
In 2017, the exclusive FINE HOTELS & RESORTS program will include over 975 best-in-class properties – selected based on a stringent criteria including, but not limited to, luxury product offering, exceptional service and Card Member satisfaction. A sampling of new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties include:
- Velaa Private Island – A collection of private retreats located in a unique archipelago in Noonu Atoll, this private island escape caters to the experiential traveler, and is designed purely with luxury in mind using local materials to create an over-the-water sanctuary where the Indian Ocean takes center stage.
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills – A luxurious urban oasis opening in spring of 2017 at the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards. The property is designed for travelers seeking personal attention, comfort and privacy in a glamorous setting. The hotel features guest rooms with oversized private balconies, as well a rooftop pool deck accessible only to hotel guests – the largest roof deck of its kind in Beverly Hills.
- Ham Yard Hotel – A stylish hotel set in the heart of bustling Soho near Piccadilly Circus. Ham Yard Hotel has a distinct urban village feel revolving around a tree-filled garden, outdoor restaurant and bar and 12 individual boutiques. The property features a drawing room, library, Soholistic Spa, bowling alley, and rooftop garden with sweeping views of the London skyline.
To deliver premium experiences that reflect the lifestyles and needs of each individual traveler, the program will now also include a new distinct collection in 2017, catering to family-centric travel which highlights properties that offer supervised programs to engage children.
This collection joins existing collections – Boutique, Design and Card Member Favorites – which cater to various experiential and lifestyle demands.
About American Express Travel
American Express Travel is a global full-service travel and related lifestyle services provider. For nearly 100 years, American Express has helped those who love to travel customize and elevate their trip experience through world-class service, exclusive programs and premium benefits. Customers have many options for accessing these services and can travel with confidence by having support from American Express whether booking online at www.amextravel.com or speaking with travel and lifestyle experts on the phone or in retail locations.
About FINE HOTELS & RESORTS
FINE HOTELS & RESORTS provides American Express Platinum Card® Members exclusive access to a suite of complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550* when they book through American Express Travel:
- Noon check-in, when available
- Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available1
- Daily breakfast for two people
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Guaranteed 4pm late checkout
- Unique amenity valued at US$100, such as a food and beverage credit or one way private sedan transfer2
Learn more at https://www.americanexpressfhr.com.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
1 Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade; call Platinum Travel Service for details.
2 Special amenity varies by property; call Platinum Travel Service for details.