To celebrate 25 years of the Membership Rewards program, American Express debuted the Anniversary Collection, a curated collection of premium entertainment, sports and dining experiences, all available with Membership Rewards points. The collection opens up once-in-a-lifetime experiences for Card Members, with rewards ranging from a private dinner alongside Michelangelo’s David at the Galleria Dell’Accademia to sought-after and sold-out tickets to see marquee artists, bands and theatre performances, including Hamilton (on Broadway). Eligible Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program can shop the collection by visiting www.americanexpress.com/MR25th.
"Since we created the first credit card reward program in 1991, our Card Members have fueled millions of rewarding and extraordinary experiences with Membership Rewards points,” said Christopher Cracchiolo, VP Membership Rewards & Loyalty Benefits, American Express. “We’re thanking our Card Members by bringing together some of the most exclusive access we have, and opening up those experiences to Card Members on points. We also wanted to make extraordinary experiences happen for those in need, and we’re thrilled to work with Make-A-Wish to help grant 25 wishes this year.
American Express Card Members can join in making wishes a reality by using Membership Rewards points for a donation to Make-A-Wish.
With the Anniversary Collection, Card Members can use points to:
- See Broadway’s Hamilton – Tickets for Broadway’s hit musical Hamilton live in New York
- Learn how to maximize points and miles – A one-on-one consultation with The Points Guy, Brian Kelly, a renowned travel and points expert who has used millions of points and miles to travel around the world
- Enjoy a private dinner inside the Galleria dell’Accademia, home of Michelangelo’s David – Private tour of the Galleria dell’Accademia led by Count Vittorio Carioni, followed by a Tuscan dinner inside the Galleria
- Experience a Nike Campus tour, custom golf clubs, and play a round with Top 50 Golf Instructor Brian Mogg – Tour Nike’s Oregon campus, get fitted for a new set of custom golf clubs (included with package) and play a round of golf at award-winning golf course Pumpkin Ridge
- Own an NFL football autographed by NFL legend Joe Montana
- Take a private vineyard tour – Private tour and picnic led by the winemakers at Joseph Jewell winery, in Forestville, CA
- Sail charter with National Geographic photographer Laura Grier— Award-winning Nat Geo photojournalist Laura Grier invites you to a weeklong sailing adventure in the Indonesian archipelago, where you will learn how to capture the beauty of the Indonesian Islands with your own lens
- Learn the art of Mixology – Private lesson with expert, award-winning mixologist Yael Vengroff
- Explore great products including: Tumi Tegra-Lite® Max Continental Expandable Carry-Ons, The Dream Team: The Casper Mattress, Pillows, and Sheets (FULL), and more
Giving the Gift of Experiences with Make-A-Wish
To spread the joy even further, American Express teamed up with Make-A-Wish to help grant 25 wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. Card Members can help make more wishes come true by using Membership Rewards points for a donation to Make-A-Wish.
"We are thrilled to be working with our friends at American Express and their Card Members to help grant more wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions," said David Williams, Make-A-Wish America president and chief executive officer. "A wish-come-true is a game-changer for kids in the fight against their illness, and supporters like American Express make those wishes possible. With their help, we will continue to grant even more incredible wishes that will help make life better wish kids and their families, forever."
Products and experiences are available to Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. They are available on a first-come, first-serve basis on the Membership Rewards 25th Anniversary website and some rewards have limited quantities. For the full list of products, experiences and relevant dates, visit www.americanexpress.com/MR25th.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Key links to products, services and corporate responsibility information: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, Plenti rewards program, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, corporate card, business travel and corporate responsibility.
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. According to a 2011 U.S. study of wish impact, most health professionals surveyed believe a wish-come-true has positive impacts on the health of children. Kids say wishes give them renewed strength to fight their illness, and their parents say these experiences help strengthen the entire family. Headquartered in Phoenix, Make-A-Wish is one of the world's leading children's charities, serving children in every community in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and more than 28,000 volunteers, Make-A-Wish grants a wish somewhere in the country every 35 minutes. It has granted more than 270,000 wishes since its inception in 1980; more than 14,800 in 2015 alone. Visit Make-A-Wish at www.wish.org to learn more.