Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) and American Express launch enhanced benefits with new card design.
American Express (NYSE: AXP) and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) are now offering new benefits to the Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) Credit Card from American Express that will deliver more ease and access when travelling. Sporting a chic new design and color, the enhanced cobrand credit card is now packed with even greater value. In addition to a suite of existing benefits, SPG Card Members now receive:
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
SPG Credit Card Members can now enjoy international travel without foreign transaction fees from American Express when using their Card on purchases abroad. (1)(5)
- Complimentary, Unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi
SPG Credit Card Members will enjoy complimentary, unlimited Wi-Fi access when they enroll in the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. Receive Wi-Fi access on up to four devices to more than 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide and pay no Wi-Fi roaming fees. Confirm eligibility, and then access Boingo’s Wi-Fi services by creating a Boingo American Express Preferred Plan account. (2)
- Complimentary Premium In-Room Internet Access
SPG Credit Card Members won’t miss a beat while away from family, friends or the office with complimentary premium in-room internet access at SPG® Participating Hotels. Booking requirements apply. (3)
- Access to Sheraton Club Lounges for SPG American Express OPEN Card Members
Card Members with a SPG Business Credit Card feel like VIPs with access to Sheraton Club Lounges, which includes a complimentary daily breakfast, evening selection of premium beverages and hors d’oeuvres. Booking requirements apply. (4)
The annual fee will be waived for the first year of Card Membership with an introductory offer. After the first year, the annual fee will be $95 annually (an increase from $65). (5)
For more information on the Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) Credit Card from American Express, please visit americanexpress.com/starwood.
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Key links to products and services: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, Plenti rewards program, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, corporate card and business travel.
(1) American Express will not charge any foreign transaction fee on the purchases you make outside of the United States with your Card. However, there may be circumstances where ATMs or merchants charge a fee on foreign transactions.
(3) For Basic Card Members only on Starpoint Eligible Rate reservations at SPG Participating Hotels. Exclusions of Starpoint Eligible Rate reservations might include rooms booked through a group rate as part of an event and the SPG Member does not directly pay the SPG Participating Hotel for such room; through a tour operator; or through an online travel channel or third party channel (such as expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, Travelocity.com, ctrip.com, or elong.com.) A full description of Starpoint Eligible Rates and SPG Participating Hotels can be found at www.spg.com/terms. The SPG Member account number must be provided at the time of reservation and/or check-in. Premium Internet access is limited to one room per eligible Card Member per Stay regardless of how many rooms have been reserved. No incremental benefit will be provided at SPG® Participating Hotels that offer complimentary in-room Internet access to all guests. SPG Participating Hotels that have mandatory resort charges that include Internet access will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each SPG Participating Hotel's discretion.
(4) Available at select Sheraton Hotels® & Resorts for the duration of a Card Member's stay. Visit www.sheratonclubroom.com/find for a full listing of Sheraton® Club properties. This benefit is for Basic Card Members only on Starpoint Eligible Rate reservations. Exclusions of Starpoint Eligible Rate reservations might include rooms booked through a group rate as part of an event and the SPG Member does not directly pay the SPG Participating Hotel for such room; tour operator; or online travel channel or third party channel, such as expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, Travelocity.com, ctrip.com, or elong.com. A full description of Starpoint Eligible Rates can be found at www.spg.com/terms. Sheraton Club lounge access is limited to the eligible Card Member and a guest staying in the same room for the duration of the stay, regardless of how many rooms have been reserved.
(5) The introductory annual fee for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express will be $0 for the first year of Card Membership. After that, the annual fee will be $95. APRs: The following APRs will vary with the market based on Prime Rate. APR for Purchases: 15.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening. APR on balance transfers requested within 30 days of account opening: 15.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors. APR for Cash Advances: 25.24%, Penalty APR: 29.24%, Variable rates are accurate as of 7/29/2015. Other Charges: Cash Advance Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. Foreign Transaction Fee: None.