American Express and the Seattle Seahawks today announced a multi-year partnership to bring excitement and value to passionate Seahawks fans - also known as the "12s." With strong relationships with both Card Members and merchants and a legacy of working with sports partners, American Express will work with the Seahawks and select merchants to amplify the fandom around one of the best-supported teams in professional sports. Card Members and fans will be given a range of unique offers, experiences and benefits that are designed to magnify the excitement around the season.
"The 12s are some of the most passionate and loudest football fans in the country," said Anré Williams, President, Global Merchant Services, American Express. "Working with the Seahawks and select Seattle-area merchants, we have a unique opportunity to embrace that fandom and create exciting, new ways for Card Members and Hawk fans to cheer on their favorite team throughout the 2015 season."
"We have a phenomenal fan base and the 12s have caught the attention of the country with how loud and enthusiastic they are," said Seahawks President Peter McLoughlin. "We are honored to partner with American Express to create fun and exciting opportunities for our fans to support their team."
Highlights of the partnership include:
- Section 12 - Free pre-game experience for all fans: Recognizing that the 12s want to come together before Seahawks home games, American Express will host the ultimate pre-game experience for fans. The first Section 12 pre-game experience will take place at Occidental Park, located within walking distance of CenturyLink Field, this Sunday, September 27 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM in advance of the first home game against Chicago. All fans that attend the Section 12 experience will have the chance to purchase a variety of food and beverages provided by local small merchants, take part in fan-friendly activities and more. Entry to the event is free and open to all fans on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Blue Friday - Giveaways and offers from Seattle merchants: Embracing the 12s' tradition of wearing blue Seahawks gear on Fridays, American Express will work with Seattle merchants to give new meaning to this exciting lead-up to game day. American Express will partner with select merchants to provide Seahawks-themed surprises to fans such as autographed Seahawks gear and Friday meet-and-greets with former Seahawks players.
Reinforcing the value of Membership, American Express will provide Card Members with exclusive events and offers, including:
- Section 12 Card Member Club - Exclusive area for pre-game activities: Card Members will have special access to enjoy the Section 12 Card Member Club on Sunday, September 27 at Occidental Park. Benefits will include complimentary snacks, intimate meet and greets with former Seahawks players and exclusive giveaways.
- Gridiron Radios - Play-by-play radios distributed at CenturyLink Field: Knowing that fans want to be as close to the on-the-field action as possible, Card Members at CenturyLink Field will be able to hear live play-by-play commentary and game updates from Seahawks radio broadcast, while watching the action in-stadium with the American Express Gridiron Radio earpieces. Available to American Express® Card Members at all home games this football season, Gridiron radios will be distributed at CenturyLink Field GuestLink locations on a first-come, first-serve basis and available while supplies last.
- Exclusive Seahawks Cup Holder with Purchase: American Express Card Members who want to show their Seahawks pride can receive an exclusive Seahawks branded cup holder to insulate beverages each time they use their Card to purchase an item at select in-stadium concession stands. Seahawks branded cup holders are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, only while supplies last.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Key links to products and services: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, Plenti rewards program, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, corporate card and business travel.
About Seattle Seahawks
The Seattle Seahawks joined the National Football League (NFL) in 1976 as an expansion team. The Seahawks have won nine division titles and three conference championships. They are the only team to have played in both the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC) championship games. They have appeared in three Super Bowls, (Super Bowl XL, Super Bowl XLVIII and Super Bowl XLIX). The Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos, 43-8, in Super Bowl XLVIII to win their first title. The team plays at CenturyLink Field in downtown Seattle and is owned by local businessman, investor, and philanthropist Paul Allen.