American Express Global Corporate Payments is committed to helping businesses do more business – both in and out of the office. In its efforts to help frequent and seasoned travelers make the most of their time on the road, the company today announced new solutions supported by mobile capabilities and designed to help Corporate Gold Card and Corporate Platinum Card Members in the U.S. navigate the changing dynamics of today’s business travel. Following a philosophy that American Express has had since it first introduced “company cards” in 1958, this suite of benefits is also intended to help solve corporations’ payments needs – addressing both security and cost-savings.
American Express also announced today that it will expand its travel benefits aimed at enhancing the airport experience for Corporate Gold Card and Corporate Platinum Card Members, as well as Consumer and Business Platinum Card Members. These benefits include complimentary, unlimited access to Wi-Fi hotspots provided by Boingo Wireless, a global market leader in Wi-Fi, as well as an application fee statement credit option for the TSA Pre✓™ program. These expanded perks are part of a growing roster of travel benefits that Card Members can take advantage of to help save time, money and hassle.
“Business travelers appreciate anything that makes their lives easier and more productive on the road. Many are turning to mobile and digital tools to make their travel more efficient. At the same time, companies value compliance and cost control more than ever,” said Pam Codispoti, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing and Product Management, American Express Global Corporate Payments. “At American Express, we’ve focused on bringing these two worlds together, enhancing our benefits with mobile apps to keep travelers comfortable, safe and connected while on the road.”
In addition to existing benefits, enhancements to its suite of travel-oriented capabilities and benefits for Corporate Gold Cards and Corporate Platinum Cards are designed to help improve travelers’ overall productivity and experiences at the airport, on the plane and back in the office.
AT THE AIRPORT
Through integration with mobile applications, American Express has put the power of information at travelers’ fingertips. Corporate Gold Card and Corporate Platinum Card Members can easily access their travel itineraries and see Card-specific benefits such as lounge access using the TripCase mobile application. In addition, recent enhancements for 2014 ensure Card Members now have an even smoother check-in process:
- Relax: Unlimited Complimentary Access to The CenturionSM Lounge – Corporate Platinum Card Members now have unlimited access to all U.S. locations of The CenturionSM Lounge from American Express, which offer world-class dining and travel services and Wi-Fi enhanced workspaces. Current airport lounge locations include Dallas and Las Vegas, and new locations in La Guardia and San Francisco are planned for later this year.
- Skip the Line: Global Entry Fee Credit* –Corporate Gold Card Members can now take advantage of the Global Entry Fee Credit, which was launched for Corporate Platinum Card Members in 2011. Corporate Gold and Corporate Platinum Card Members can receive one $100 statement credit every 5 years for a Global Entry application fee charged to each eligible Card. Pre-approved travelers can bypass arrival lines at most major U.S. airports when returning from international travel. Each Corporate Card account is eligible for only one $100 statement credit every five years. Global Entry membership also includes access to the TSA Pre√™ Program– an expedited security screening for select travelers who are flying in the U.S. and select international destinations on participating airlines from specific airports. TSA Pre√™ is currently available in 115 airports nationwide. Selection for expedited screening is made on a per flight basis and is not guaranteed. Learn more at tsa.gov
- Starting in June 2014, Corporate Gold Card and Corporate Platinum Card Members will have the option to receive a statement credit for a TSA Pre✓™ application fee.1 The $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓™ is an alternative to the existing Global Entry Fee Credit benefit. Card Members can receive a statement credit for either the TSA Pre✓™ or Global Entry program application fee once every five years. If the Card Member does not travel internationally or does not think he/she meets the requirements of Global Entry, the Card Member can opt to apply for TSA Pre✓™ alone. TSA Pre✓™ allows low-risk travelers to experience faster, more efficient screening at participating U.S. airports.
- Stay Productive: Boingo American Express Preferred Plan2- Starting in June 2014, Corporate Gold Card and Corporate Platinum Card Members will receive complimentary, unlimited access to more than 700,000 land-based Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide in airports, retail and hotel locations through the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. Once enrolled in the plan, Card Members can have simultaneous Internet access for up to four devices without worrying about data caps or roaming fees.
- Enjoy the Perks: $100 Airline Fee Credit – Corporate Platinum Card Members can now receive up to $100 a year in statement credits for incidental fees, such as baggage fees, in-flight food and beverage purchases, airport lounge day passes, and phone reservation fees charged by the qualifying airline of their choice to their Corporate Platinum Card. Card Member must enroll and select a qualifying airline at enroll.americanexpress.com/afc.
*American Express relies on accurate airline transaction data to identify incidental fee purchases. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying incidental purchase on your enrolled Card after 4 weeks, simply call the number on the back of your Card. See terms & conditions for more details.
In today’s hyper-connected world, business travelers want continuous access to the office and clients, even while in-flight.
- Stay Connected: Gogo® Fee Credit
- Corporate Gold Card Members can now receive statement credits for up to five qualifying Gogo in-flight internet passes per calendar year when paying for Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi with their Corporate Gold Card. Available on more than 2,000 aircrafts flown by 9 partner airlines, Card Members can use Gogo via their laptops, smartphones, or tablets to check email, surf the web, and connect to Corporate VPN.
- Corporate Platinum Card Members will continue to enjoy statement credits for up to 10 qualifying Gogo in-flight internet passes per calendar year.
Already enjoyed by Corporate Platinum Card Members, Premium Roadside Assistance is now available to Corporate Gold Card Members.
- Travel Securely: Premium Roadside Assistance – Emergency services like towing up to 10 miles, changing a flat, or jumpstarting a battery are a phone call away, and American Express will pay for included services up to four times a year. There are some vehicle exclusions and other important restrictions.
American Express and Concur® have worked together to help Card Members seamlessly manage business expenses using the ExpenseIt® from Concur application.
- Save Time, Not Receipts – When a business purchase is made with the Card, American Express will notify ExpenseIt. Card Members will be prompted to take a photo of the receipt, which will be matched to Card transactions in Concur, helping them save time when creating expense reports. American Express is expecting to be rolling this capability out with additional providers.
The Corporate Gold Card and the Corporate Platinum Card are available for an annual fee of $125 and $395, respectively.
Further putting the business traveler’s mind at ease, all American Express® Corporate Gold Card and Corporate Platinum Cards also include chip & signature technology, which offers an extra level of transaction security by employing dynamic encryption technology – known as EMV – that makes it more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access Card information. Along with this added security, Card Members can experience a more seamless international payments process, with the ability to pay at chip-enabled transaction terminals.
Full terms and conditions for the current benefits of the American Express® Corporate Gold Card can be found at www.americanexpress.com/corporategold. Full terms and conditions for the current benefits of the Corporate Platinum Card® from American Express can be found at www.corporateplatinum.americanexpress.com.
About American Express Global Corporate Payments
American Express Corporate Payment Solutions provide the Corporate Card, Corporate Purchasing Solutions, and other expense management services to midsize companies and large corporations worldwide. For more information, visit americanexpress.com/corporate.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
*Global Entry is a U.S. government program. American Express has no control over the application and/or approval process, and does not have access to any information provided to the government by the Card Member.
1 Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™
The benefit is available to (i) Corporate Gold Card® Members and (ii) Consumer Platinum® Card Members, Corporate Platinum Card® Members and Business Platinum Card® Members. The benefit is also available to Additional Card Members on eligible Consumer and Business Card accounts. To receive the statement credit, Additional Card Members must charge the application fee to the eligible Additional Card account. Card Members are eligible to receive one (1) statement credit every five (5) years for the application fee for either Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™ when charged to an eligible Card. Card Members will receive a statement credit for the first program (either Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™ ) to which they apply and pay for with their eligible Card regardless of whether they are approved for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™. However, Card Members can receive no more than one $85 credit or $100 credit, depending on which program the Card Member first applies for, every 5 years for an application fee charged to an eligible Card. American Express has no control over the application and/or approval process for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™, and does not have access to any information provided to the government by the Card Member or by the government to the Card Member. American Express has no liability regarding the Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™ Programs. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) (for Global Entry) and U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) (for TSA Pre✓™) charge an application fee to process each respective application regardless of whether the Card Member’s application is approved. American Express will provide a statement credit for the application fee regardless of the decision made by CBP (for Global Entry) or TSA (for TSA Pre✓™) but will not provide a statement credit for subsequent application fees charged to the same eligible Card within five (5) years, even if the original application is rejected.
Membership for Global Entry and TSA Pre✓™ is per person, and a separate application must be completed for each individual.
For additional information on Global Entry and the TSA Pre✓™ programs, including information regarding the application and/or approval process and for a list of participating airlines and airports, as well as the full terms and conditions of the programs, please go to www.globalentry.gov for Global Entry and www.tsa.gov for TSA Pre✓™. The Global Entry and TSA Pre✓™ programs are subject to change, and American Express has no control over those changes.
The statement credit benefit applies to the Global Entry and TSA Pre✓™ programs only. Other program applications including, but not limited to, NEXUS, SENTRI, and Privium are not eligible for the statement credit benefit.
Please allow 6-8 weeks after the qualifying Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™ transaction is charged to the eligible Card account for the statement credit to be posted to the Card account. Card Members are responsible for payment of all application charges until the statement credit posts to the Card account. To be eligible for this benefit, Card account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment.
Global Entry Fee Credit Option:
Global Entry is a CBP program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk international travelers upon arrival in the United States. Global Entry membership also includes access to the TSA Pre✓™ programs with no additional application or fee required. However, if a Card Member applies separately for TSA Pre✓™ with the same eligible Card, the TSA Pre✓™ application fee is not eligible for a statement credit.
To receive the $100 Global Entry statement credit, Card Members must pay for the $100 Global Entry application fee with an eligible Card. Additional Cards on eligible Consumer and Business accounts are also eligible for the $100 statement credit. To receive the statement credit, the Global Entry application fee must be charged on the eligible Additional Card. Global Entry members can opt-in to TSA Pre✓™ by entering their Global Entry membership number (PASS ID) in the "Known Traveler Number" field each time a flight reservation is made on a participating airline. Alternatively, Card Members can add their Global Entry PASS ID to their frequent flyer profile(s) with the participating airline(s) and then ensure that their frequent flyer number is entered for each flight booking. If approved, membership into the Global Entry program is valid for 5 years and subject to the program’s terms and conditions.
TSA Pre✓™ Fee Credit Option:
TSA Pre✓™ is an intelligence-driven program managed by the TSA that allows pre-approved and low-risk travelers to apply for expedited screening at participating U.S. airports. Enrolling in TSA Pre✓™ does not guarantee selection for expedited screening each time a passenger travels.
To receive the $85 TSA Pre✓™ statement credit, Card Members must pay for the $85 TSA Pre✓™ application fee with an eligible Card. Additional Cards on eligible Consumer and Business Card accounts are also eligible for the $85 statement credit. To receive the statement credit, the TSA Pre✓™ application fee must be charged on the eligible Additional Card. If approved, Membership into the TSA Pre✓™ program is valid for 5 years and subject to the program’s terms and conditions.
2Boingo Wi-Fi Access
The following terms will apply upon benefit launch. Complimentary access to Boingo Wi-Fi is being provided as a benefit to eligible American Express Card Members. In order to access the benefit, eligible Card Members must first be authenticated and create a Boingo American Express Preferred Plan (or, the “AXP Plan”) account. Internet access may be required in order to be authenticated and create an account. For questions on eligibility, call the number on the back of your Card.
If you have an existing paid Boingo subscription plan, your existing plan will not be automatically cancelled when you enroll in the AXP Plan. If you would like to cancel any existing paid subscription plan, call Boingo’s dedicated AXP Plan line.
The AXP Plan only provides access to land-based Wi-Fi services and does not include in-flight Wi-Fi. Available hotspots in Boingo’s network, including those managed and operated by Boingo and its partners (“Boingo’s Network”) are subject to change at any time. Visit http://wifi.boingo.com/ for a complete listing of hotspots.
Your use of Boingo’s Wi-Fi services is subject to Boingo’s End User License Agreement and Customer Agreement and other applicable terms and conditions, including Boingo’s privacy and security policies, available at www.boingo.com. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth in Boingo’s terms and conditions, eligible American Express Card Members (i) will not be charged for enrollment in the AXP Plan, and (ii) will be permitted to connect no more than four devices to Boingo’s Network at any time.
By subscribing for this benefit, you acknowledge that American Express is not responsible for and does not guarantee the quality, security, coverage or availability of Boingo’s Network or the free Wi-Fi hotspots accessed through the Wi-Finder tool. You agree that use of Wi-Fi accessed through Boingo is at your own risk.
Enrollment in the AXP Plan is limited to authorized Card Members only. This benefit is non-transferable and may be terminated for breach of any terms or conditions or for abuse of your AXP Plan account. This benefit is subject to change or cancellation without notice.