American Express is harnessing the latest technology to get tennis fans on-site and around the world involved in the action on the courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center during the 2014 US Open Tennis Championships.
"Everything American Express is offering during the US Open this year is designed to enhance what tennis fans love about this tournament," said Deborah Curtis, vice president of entertainment and sports marketing at American Express. "This year, we want to bring fans closer to the most exciting moments of the US Open, improve their own tennis skills and capture unforgettable memories of their experience through new digital services."
In its 21st year as a US Open sponsor, American Express is continuing to introduce more ways to enhance fans' passion for the sport and their experience at the Championship throughout the two weeks of play:
The US Open American Express Fan Experience
Located just inside the East Gate, the US Open American Express Fan Experience features 20,000 square feet of interactive programming at the US Open, including:
- MyOpen Pass: For the first time at the US Open American Express Fan Experience, fans may enjoy a truly customized visit with MyOpen Pass. After registering, the RFID-enabled wristband will collect fans' experiences and send a personalized email that recaps the activities in which they participated within the Fan Experience and can be easily shared across their social media channels. Some of the MyOpen Pass activities include:
- Professional Swing Analysis: Incorporating the latest techniques in tennis instruction, fans can receive a one-on-one swing analysis with a USTA tennis pro using cutting-edge technology that measures impact position, racquet speed and spin rate that can be translated into actionable knowledge to improve their game.
- Rally Cam: Brand new to the space this year, fans will get the chance to have their best tennis shots and candid poses captured from nearly every angle in a shareable 180° video file.
- Pro Cam at American Express® Card Member Club: American Express Card Members will also have the opportunity to take part in an augmented reality Pro Cam, posing with a hologram of professional tennis player Sloane Stephens. The Pro Cam photo op is located with the American Express Card Member Club and the photo will be delivered within the MyOpen Pass email.
- Fan Court: A returning fan favorite, the full-sized, kid-friendly tennis court will feature live programming, including 10-and-under tennis sessions, tennis clinics for all ages and player meet-and-greets. Professional players scheduled to make an appearance include rising stars Sloane Stephens, Jack Sock and Monica Puig.
- Complimentary Phone Charging Lockers: To ensure that fans are able to capture every moment at this year's US Open, American Express will provide complimentary, locked phone charging stations in the Fan Experience to help US Open fans to recharge their phone battery.
- International Tennis Hall of Fame & Fresh Courts Interactive Exhibits: Fans can learn more about American Express and the USTA's Fresh Courts program that has refurbished more than 80 courts across the nation since 2010 through an interactive "before & after" display. Another touch screen display will add interactivity to the International Tennis Hall of Fame memorabilia by taking fans through a digital and interactive historical archive of tennis fashion and racquets.
- American Express Radio Live at the Open: A fan favorite, the radio earpieces feature live play-by-play commentary and match updates from ESPN2 and will be available to American Express Card Members throughout of the Open. On Monday, September 1, all tennis fans–Card Members and non-Card Members–will have the opportunity to pick-up one of the 20,000 radios at the Fan Experience or at any American Express satellite location on the grounds that day. All American Express radios at the Open are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and are only available while supplies last.
- American Express Card Member Club: American Express Card Members will have access to an exclusive club within the Fan Experience offering refreshments for purchase, entertainment and phone charging stations.
Staying Connected to Latest #USOpen Fan Buzz with American Express
The social conversation among tennis fans during the US Open is nearly as intense as the action on the courts, which is why American Express is enhancing the online experience with:
- US Open TrendCast from American Express: American Express' US Open TrendCast is back. Located within the official US Open app, TrendCast will track the US Open's top stories on Instagram and Twitter, so that fans can stay on top of trending topics, explore videos and images, and join the conversation all within the app.
- US Open Social Walls: The social conversation around the US Open will have an elevated presence throughout the grounds with three, large social walls at different locations. American Express will be presenting Fan Buzz which showcases the latest US Open chatter from around the world.
US Open TrendCast from American Express and the US Open Social Wall will also be available online at USOpen.org as part of the social section. Fans can join the conversation at #AmexTennis and their tweets or posts may be displayed at the US Open or on US Open digital channels.
World Class Customer Service Served Up
American Express Customer Care Professionals will be on-site at the Fan Experience and throughout the grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center delivering their special brand of Relationship Care® servicing to its customers and all attendees. Having knowledgeable Customer Care Professionals to answer Card Services and event-related questions helps ensure fans are taking full advantage of on-site benefits. As service is the cornerstone of the American Express brand, the event's in-person servicing is another way the company helps take care of its Card Members.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.