For the seventh year in a row, consumers have rated American Express highest in customer satisfaction among U.S. credit card companies, according to the annual nationwide study by J.D. Power. The study, released earlier today, places American Express highest in overall satisfaction among 11 of the largest card issuers in the U.S. American Express remains the only credit card to receive the study’s top ranking since it was first conducted in 2007.
The J.D. Power 2013 Credit Card Satisfaction Study(SM) looks at six broad categories to determine overall satisfaction: Customer Interaction, Billing and Payment Process, Credit Card Terms, Rewards Programs, Benefits and Services, and Problem Resolution.
“We are truly honored that our Card Members have recognized us for seven straight years. This prestigious recognition demonstrates the importance of putting customer satisfaction and service at the heart of everything we do and delivering outstanding value through extraordinary products, service and experiences,” said Kenneth I. Chenault, chairman and chief executive officer, American Express. “The feedback provided by consumers through this study will help us continue to raise the bar as we work to exceed the expectations of our customers.”
Enhancing Customer Experiences
Over the past year, American Express has worked to improve the overall customer experience by introducing a host of new digital enhancements and updated product offerings, better connecting Card Members with American Express, merchants and each other. Enhancements include:
- Mobile Gift Cards: Enables Card Members to use Membership Rewards® points for smartphone enabled gift cards, which recipients can use to pay with their smartphones at participating retailers.
- Pass from American Express® for Passbook: A quick, convenient and secure way for Card Members to receive automatic purchase notifications, real-time account balances, and customer service information.
- Account Alerts on Facebook: Enables Card Members to manage their account through a Facebook servicing app, including receiving account alerts through private notifications.
- Community @Amex: A customer engagement forum where Card Members and consumers can have discussions and learn more about American Express products, benefits and services.
- Refreshed benefits and services of some of our products, including new enhanced benefits on the JetBlue Card from American Express and the Hilton HHonors™ and Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Cards.
Along with these enhancements, providing outstanding customer service remains at the very core of the American Express brand. This is guided by Relationship Care®, the company’s servicing approach that defines the way front line servicing teams interact with our customers and focus on deepening customer relationships.
Voice of the Customer
Across an increasingly competitive industry, the J.D. Power 2013 Credit Card Satisfaction Study(SM) found that American Express continues to exceed the industry average across the U.S. credit card industry in all six categories measured in the study. Notably, the company ranked highest in Benefits and Services, Rewards Programs, and the Billing and Payments categories. In addition, American Express again received top scores across the entire industry related to Customer Service Representatives interaction.
For more information about the J.D. Power 2013 Credit Card Satisfaction Study(SM), go to http://www.jdpower.com/news-and-events/.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
About J.D. Power
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power is a business unit of McGraw-Hill Financial.