For the first time, American Express, in partnership with NBA Digital, will take basketball fans inside NBA All-Star Media Day offering unprecedented digital and live stream access to
the players they love. NBA All-Star Media Day Streaming Live Courtesy of
American Express from Houston, Texas can be viewed at
www.nba.com/amexallstar on February
15th beginning at 1:30 PM ET / 12:30 PM CT.
The global live stream courtesy of American Express will mark the first time fans will be able to watch the media availability online. In the days leading up to NBA All-Star Media Day, fans can submit their questions via Twitter using #AmexAllStar for an opportunity to hear their favorite NBA All-Star provide answers live through NBA.com’s coverage of Media Day.
Offering a suite of exclusive digital and social media experiences, American Express will provide basketball fans from around the world several innovative ways to connect to NBA All-Star 2013 at www.nba.com/amexallstar, including:
- Unlock Your All-Star Experience: Fans can visit www.nba.com/amexallstar to submit their questions and explore a range of interactive content from highlight videos to this year’s All-Star apparel.
- Choose Your Cam: The audience can control their viewing experience throughout NBA All-Star Media Day by switching between four cameras, each featuring a different player taking questions live.
- Chat Live: Fans can chat along with the live stream in real-time, reacting to player’s comments and joining the excitement leading into the 2013 NBA All-Star Game on Sunday.
- Go Behind-the-Scenes: Explore behind-the-scenes photos from inside NBA All-Star Media Day and all the weekend’s events from the NBA’s Instagram account.
- Gear Up Like the Pros: Browse relevant NBA apparel. American Express® Cardmembers who sync their eligible American Express Card with their Facebook, Foursquare or Twitter account at sync.americanexpress.com can unlock an exclusive offer to receive a one-time $10 statement credit when they use their synced American Express Card to make a purchase of $30 or more when shopping on www.NBAStore.com.
- Media Day On-Demand: Relive NBA All-Star Media Day for the duration of NBA All-Star by visiting www.nba.com/allstar_interviews. The interview videos will be available until Sunday, February 17.
American Express will also be integrated into TNT Overtime, a live video
player offering a companion experience during TNT’s live coverage of NBA
All-Star. Fans will be able to access alternative camera angles, now available
in high definition, throughout TNT’s on-air presentation by visiting the TNT
Overtime platform at
Special features include:
- Live chat with NBA analysts using #AmexNBA
- Social Volume graphs tracking key plays and each team’s social volume in real-time
- Play back key plays during the game via in-game highlights
- Track which players are on the court, along with in-depth statistics and the ability to compare game performance with a player’s season averages
NBA.com is part of the NBA Digital portfolio, also including NBA
TV, NBA Mobile and NBA League Pass, which is jointly managed by the NBA and
As the Official Credit Card Partner of the NBA, American Express provides Cardmembers with exclusive experiences, behind-the-scenes access, tickets to regular-season and playoff games, and access to premier NBA events such as NBA All-Star, the NBA Draft and more.
TUNE IN TO THE AMERICAN EXPRESS LIVE STREAM OF
NBA ALL-STAR MEDIA DAY AT WWW.NBA.COM/AMEXALLSTAR
ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15
EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS: 12:30 PM CT – 1:15 PM CT
WESTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS: 1:15 PM CT – 2:00 PM CT
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Key links to products and services: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, business travel, and corporate card
NBA All-Star 2013 in Houston will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league's history for a global celebration of the game. The 62nd NBA All-Star Game, which will take place on Sunday, Feb. 17 at Toyota Center, will reach fans in 215 countries and territories in 47 languages. TNT will televise the All-Star Game for an 11th consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 29th year of All-Star coverage. State Farm All-Star Saturday Night will feature Sears Shooting Stars, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Contest, and Sprite Slam Dunk. Other events at NBA All-Star 2013 will include the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, NBA Development League All-Star Game, Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, and NBA All-Star Jam Session. Houston also hosted NBA All-Star in 2006 and 1989.
About NBA Digital
NBA Digital is the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. The robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.