American Express announced a line-up of offers and
experiences to bring its film enthusiast Cardmembers the best of the 2012
Tribeca Film Festival, including advance ticket sales to a variety of
independent film experiences and the full roster of Festival screenings at
tribecafilm.com. American Express Cardmembers will also have access to special
offers throughout the 12-day Festival.
"Whether it be a surprise invitation to a sold-out screening or offers from our merchant partners around Lower Manhattan and across the country, the Tribeca Film Festival is a great way for American Express to deliver memorable experiences and value to our Cardmembers," said Deborah Curtis, Vice President, Entertainment Marketing & Sponsorships, American Express.
Card Sync Offers in New York and Beyond
At the Tribeca Film Festival, film-loving Cardmembers who sync their eligible American Express Card with their Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare accounts at Sync.AmericanExpress.com can unlock exclusive savings and experiences to fuel their passion for film and entertainment. Special offers being introduced during the Festival include:
- Tweet for Tickets -- Starting April 18, American Express is offering Cardmembers an opportunity to get complimentary film tickets.
- Lower Manhattan Offers -- Starting April 18, Cardmembers have access to exclusive offers at select merchants in Lower Manhattan.
- Dinner and a Movie -- Cardmembers who cannot attend screenings in person can also take advantage of offers available from Seamless and Redbox.
For more information on these offers and for terms and conditions, visit
The Premiere of Doggy Bags: The Winner of My Movie Pitch
As the culmination of the 2011 American Express My Movie Pitch contest, this year's winning film, Doggy Bags, will premiere during the Festival. My Movie Pitch is a competition that allowed one talented contestant to have her movie idea made into a short film. Susan Brennan of Brooklyn, New York -- whose pitch told the story of a couple who have to cut back on their expensive habit of dining out -- will see her idea brought to life on the big screen by acclaimed director Edward Burns, and staring Matt Bush, Mike McGlone and Daniela Pineda. Produced by American Express, Doggy Bags will premiere as part of the Men-hattan Shorts Program at AMC Loews Village VII on Friday, April 20 at 6:00 p.m. Throughout the Festival, Doggy Bags will be available to view on www.amexfilm.com as well as within The Festival Screening Room as part of the Tribeca Online Film Festival at www.tribecafilm.com/tribecaonline.
Exclusive Access To Premiere Festival Events
Celebrating its 11th year as the founding partner of the Tribeca Film Festival, American Express continues to offer film enthusiast Cardmembers exclusive access to some of the Festival's hottest events:
- 100 Years of Universal -- In celebration of Universal Studios 100th Anniversary, Tribeca Film Festival will host a conversation with iconic actors and directors Robert De Niro and Judd Apatow as they share their favorite moments and memories from Universal's extraordinary history. This special event, exclusively for American Express Cardmembers, will be moderated by Mike Fleming, Film Editor for Deadline Hollywood, on Thursday, April 19 at 3:00 p.m.
- The Zen of Bennett Premiere -- Conceived, created and produced by Tony Bennett's son, Danny, The Zen of Bennett is an insider's look at the icon as he records his latest duets collection. American Express Cardmembers have the opportunity to purchase tickets to the world premiere on Monday, April 23 at 6:00 p.m.
Tribeca Family Festival Presented by American Express
• American Express and The Tribeca Family Festival once again present a street fair and family celebration, where a dazzling array of free activities and performances unfold downtown in Tribeca from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday April 28 on Greenwich Street (from Hubert to Chambers Streets). Festival stages will feature special performances from current Broadway shows along with emerging talent from Tribeca. Local restaurants and merchants will offer Tribeca's finest foods, refreshments and merchandise. Families can also attend a free screening of a classic film at BMCC's Tribeca Performing Arts Center Theater. The American Express Guest Information Center will offer comprehensive Festival information, including event, screening and neighborhood information.
Navigating the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival
Presented by American Express, the 2012 Official Tribeca Film Festival Guide, will provide film snapshots, schedules and more ways to enjoy independent film in 2012. Complimentary copies of the guide will be available throughout Manhattan.
To learn more about American Express' special access to the world of independent film and other entertainment offers, follow @AmericanExpress on Twitter, become a fan of American Express on Facebook or visit amexfilm.com.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, twitter.com/americanexpress and youtube.com/americanexpress.
About The Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film Festival helps filmmakers reach the broadest possible audience, enabling the international film community and general public to experience the power of cinema and promote New York City as a major filmmaking center. It is well known for being a diverse international film festival that supports emerging and established directors.
Founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff in 2001 following the attacks on the World Trade Center, to spur the economic and cultural revitalization of the lower Manhattan district through an annual celebration of film, music and culture, the Festival brings the industry and community together around storytelling.
The Tribeca Film Festival has screened more than 1,300 films from more than 80 countries since its first edition in 2002. Since inception, it has attracted an international audience of more than 3.7 million attendees and has generated an estimated $725 million in economic activity for New York City.