Today, American Express, in partnership with VEVO and YouTube, announced its roster of digital features to enhance the fan experience during Grammy® award-winning artist Jack White's performance within its popular livestream music series,
"American Express Unstaged." The live VEVO event on YouTube will be directed by Oscar® nominated actor and director Gary Oldman (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, and The Dark Knight) and streamed globally at
youtube.com/JackWhiteVEVO on Friday, April 27 at 9:00 PM ET / 6:00PM PT. Fans can also watch the live event on
VEVO's free mobile apps for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android, and also on the
YouTube mobile website.
A first for the "American Express Unstaged" music series, beginning tomorrow at 9:00 AM ET, music fans who visit youtube.com/JackWhiteVEVO can catch an early glimpse at an exclusive documentary from Jack White and Gary Oldman, which will precede the livestream performance on Friday.
White's performance will be the eighth innovative digital stream and iconic creative partnership within the "American Express Unstaged" music series, and comes just three days after Jack White's debut album, BLUNDERBUSS (Third Man Records/Columbia), hit stores on April 24. The program has featured such recognized musicians as Arcade Fire, John Legend & The Roots, Sugarland, Duran Duran, My Morning Jacket, Coldplay and Mary J. Blige.
"I am excited to immerse myself in Jack White's boundless energy, and can't wait to help him bring this ‘Unstaged' livestream concert experience to life for so many music lovers around the globe," said filmmaker Gary Oldman. American Express, in partnership with VEVO and YouTube, will continue to provide revolutionary access to Jack White fans and music enthusiasts worldwide through pre-show, in-concert and post-show features, and one-of-a-kind content that further blur the line between the at-home and in-concert experience:
- "Press Pass Challenge": Fans can submit questions to Jack White at americanexpressentertainment.com where members of the American Express Entertainment community will vote on their favorite, with the winning question ultimately answered by Jack White. The lucky fan will receive two tickets to an upcoming Jack White show.
- Official Concert Trailer: Fans can get an early glimpse at the creative vision behind Jack White's "American Express Unstaged" performance by visiting youtube.com/JackWhiteVEVO to view exclusive pre-concert trailers.
- Online Pre Show: Building anticipation for the night, viewers who tune in to the live-stream will also catch the exclusive documentary from Jack White and Gary Oldman immediately before the performance begins.
- The "White Room": Jack White fans worldwide can join a fan-powered digital art installation by submitting photos for a user-submitted mosaic, and access a set of exclusive Jack White photos captured by Gary Oldman that can be unlocked during the live event. Watch a personal video invite from Jack White and Gary Oldman by visiting youtube.com/watch?v=O0aPHscfHUo.
- Choose Your Cam: The at-home audience can control their viewing experience throughout the show by switching between multiple cameras including Gary Oldman's directors cut, a black & white vintage cam, and a balcony view from Webster Hall.
- Global Chat: Fans around the world can join the global chat along with the show, or invite friends to have a private viewing and chat experience to celebrate the event.
- Rebroadcast: Following the live performance, Jack White's "American Express Unstaged" performance will be rebroadcast for 12 hours at youtube.com/JackWhiteVEVO. Following the rebroadcast, fans can watch clips of the concert on YouTube, Twitter, and XBOX Live, via the VEVO application.
About Jack White and his Upcoming Solo Album BLUNDERBUSS
Born the youngest of ten children, raised in Southwest Detroit and a resident of Nashville since 2005, nine-time Grammy® winner Jack White has been regarded as one of the world's most prolific and renowned artists since the 1997 inception of the White Stripes. Before their 2009 dissolution, the White Stripes would release six albums, including 2001's White Blood Cells (featuring the breakthrough hit "Fell in Love With a Girl") and 2003's Elephant (featuring "Seven Nation Army," since appropriated as a de facto stadium chant for sports teams the world over). White's myriad other musical touchstones include his 2004 collaboration with Loretta Lynn, Van Lear Rose, and the formation of the Raconteurs and the Dead Weather in 2006 and 2009, respectively. Also in 2009, White opened the doors to his Third Man Records, where he has since produced no less than 120 records by artists as varied as Jerry Lee Lewis, Wanda Jackson, and Stephen Colbert. On April 24, Jack White released his debut album Blunderbuss which is preceded by the singles "Love Interruption" and "Sixteen Saltines" and will be accompanied by extensive touring across the world.
About "American Express Unstaged"
Jack White's April 27th performance represents the eighth installment within the innovative music series "American Express Unstaged," which launched in the summer of 2010 in partnership with VEVO and YouTube. Bringing the in-concert and at-home viewing experiences to new heights, "American Express Unstaged" showcases some of the music industry's most breakthrough artists playing at landmark venues across the country, while tapping some of today's most influential filmmakers to direct the live-streams and using digital and social media to connect the online audience to the live shows in unexpected ways. "American Express Unstaged" has generated nearly 70 million total views for seven artists' performances.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
VEVO is the world's leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco. VEVO is available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand through VEVO.com, Mobile and Tablet Apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry Playbook), Connected Television (Xbox, Boxee) and user embeddable video players. VEVO powers music videos on artist pages across Facebook, as well as syndicates to dozens of online sites, including AOL, BET, CBS Interactive Music Group (including Last.fm and MP3.com), Fuse.tv, Univision, Viacom Media Networks and Yahoo! Music. Additionally, through a special partnership with YouTube, VEVO is accessible in over 200 countries, expanding the platform's reach around the globe.
YouTube is the world's most popular online video community allowing millions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. Our mission is for YOU to discover and shape the world through video. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small. YouTube, LLC is based in San Bruno, CA and is a subsidiary of Google Inc.