American Express has been recognized as one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute. The ranking is the world's largest annual study of workplace excellence and identifies the top 25 best multinationals in terms of workplace culture.
"We understand the importance of building diverse talent and strive to create an environment where our employees have successful work/life integration, resources to achieve their goals and a culture of inclusion and opportunity," said Jennifer Christie, chief diversity officer and vice president of executive recruitment at American Express Company. "We are committed to ensuring American Express remains a world-class company where the most innovative and brightest people want to work, build careers, and thrive."
In addition, American Express has been named one of Human Rights Campaign's (HRC) "Best Places to Work," earning a perfect 100 percent rating on HRC's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the ninth year in a row. The CEI measures and analyzes inclusion initiatives, company benefits, and support made available for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) personnel and the wider LGBT community.
In 2012, the company was nationally recognized multiple times for fostering a diverse and inclusive culture as a top company for multicultural talent. These recognitions include:
- Black Enterprise: Top 40 Companies
- LatinaStyle Magazine: 50 Best Companies for Latinas
- Hispanic Business: Top 60 Diversity Elite
- Working Mother Magazine: 100 Best Companies
- Working Mother Magazine: Best Companies for Women's Advancement
- Working Mother Magazine: Best Companies for Multicultural Women
- DiversityInc: Top 50 Companies for Diversity (#14)
- DiversityInc: Top 10 Companies for Executive Women (#7)
- DiversityInc: Top 10 Companies for Global Diversity (#10)
- Equal Opportunity Magazine: Readers' Choice Top 50 Employers (#4)
- Anita Borg Institute: Top Company for Technical Women
- Dave Thomas Foundation: Top 100 Adoption-Friendly Workplaces (#24)
- National Association for Female Executives: Top 60 Companies for Executive Women
The company is proud to have been named a great place to work in more than 25 countries around the world.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and help build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.