American Express is delivering innovative digital
and on-site benefits to Cardmembers and all tennis fans at the 2011 US Open,
designed to immerse tennis fans into the best of the US Open both on and off the
courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. In its 18th year as
a US Open partner, American Express is introducing several new programs, first
to ever be done at any tennis major, including the US Open American Express Fan
Experience, an interactive space featuring a digitized Serve Analysis; the
American Express Court Curator for fans to customize their trip to the US Open;
and an exclusive offer for American Express® Cardmembers to use at concession
stands and retail outlets on-site at the tournament, in honor of American
Express' partnerships with Facebook and Foursquare.
"As a long-time partner of the USTA, we are really excited about all of the new and innovative services we are offering to American Express Cardmembers, and all tennis fans, at this year's US Open," said Alexander Chang, Vice President of Global Sponsorships and Access for American Express. "We are connecting fans closer to the game than ever before by giving them insights into who to watch on the courts, helping them improve their own game and giving them a way to support the tennis community throughout the country."
This year, American Express is offering more ways than ever before for tennis fans to get involved at the US Open. For the first time, American Express will provide tennis fans at this year's Open with a unique space to help improve their game, get inside information about how to make the most of their day at the US Open, hear from experts including Chris Evert, and take advantage of Cardmember Concierge services, all at the US Open American Express Fan Experience. In addition, fans will find out about all of the things American Express is offering at this year's Open, including:
- The Court Curator: Available for the first time at any tennis major, American Express is introducing the Court Curator, a digital touchscreen application that allows tennis fans to plan their day around what they want to see and know, providing a truly tailored US Open experience. A short questionnaire will produce an itinerary featuring where and when to catch favorite players, locations of nearby services, and tips for how to navigate the robust grounds. Tennis legend Chris Evert will also be providing recommendations on which players she is watching and which matches she recommends and American Express Cardmembers also have the opportunity to create a customized itinerary. The Court Curator is complimentary to all tennis fans and can be found at the US Open American Express Fan Experience as well as various American Express locations throughout the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
- Serve Analysis: Typically available only to the pros, American Express is giving tennis fans the opportunity to perfect their serve. Using advanced motion technology, tennis fans can have their swing compared to the ideal form used by the pros and then receive a personalized lesson delivered via email following the tournament. American Express Cardmembers will also be provided with a 10-minute live lesson with a tennis professional.
- Special Offers for Cardmembers: Expanding the company's recent partnerships with Facebook and Foursquare, American Express is introducing an exclusive offer during of the US Open where Cardmembers who sync their American Express Card can receive a one-time $10 statement credit after spending $20 on onsite concessions and retail. Fans can visit USOpen.org/NextContenders for more information and to register their Card to receive this offer.
- Chris Evert and the Next Contenders: Once again, American Express is giving tennis fans insights into the Next Contenders, the up-and-coming players in the game of tennis. Chris Evert will be providing her insights on the Championship and encouraging all tennis fans around the country to join the conversation and support their favorite players. Beginning today through Sept. 11, Chris is encouraging anyone following the US Open to tweet the name of their favorite player using #GoNextContenders. American Express will donate $1 per tweet using the hashtag, up to $50,000, to the Fresh Courts community reinvestment program that refurbishes tennis courts around the U.S. created in partnership between American Express and the USTA.
- Official US Open Smart Phone Applications: Using either the official US Open iPhone or Android Application, fans can access an insider's guide to the Open in the palm of their hand with special American Express features, including an interactive grounds map highlighting American Express Cardmember benefits, video content with professional players and USOpen.org Radio with the "Courtside Q&A," which gives users the opportunity to submit questions via email or Twitter for the chance to have them answered by tennis insiders throughout the tournament.
- American Express Radio Live at the US Open: Complimentary for Cardmembers, the radios allow fans to listen to play-by-play commentary and match updates on CBS, ESPN2 and the Tennis Channel while they watch the action live from the courts. This year's radios will also include behind-the-scenes expert commentary from tennis legend Chris Evert.
- American Express Gift With Purchase: American Express Cardmembers who spend $150 on-site at the National Tennis Center with any American Express Credit Card will receive a $50 gift card from Ralph Lauren. Cardmembers can show their receipts at the American Express Gift with Purchase booth to receive the gift card.
- American Express Cardmember Concierge: American Express Cardmembers will also have access to a concierge service at the US Open to help with any other needs they have, including restaurant and transportation reservations, mobile device charging, Card account information, and more.
For those fans that cannot experience the action in-person at this year's
championship, American Express is bringing the action to hometowns across the
country with live viewing parties in New York (Sept. 5-11), San Francisco (Sept.
10-11), Chicago (Sept. 10-11) and Houston (Sept. 10-11) featuring large viewing
screens, stadium seating and interactive concessions. The New York viewing
party, once again held in Madison Square Park, will also feature a special offer
for American Express Cardmembers who sync their Card to their Facebook or
Foursquare accounts: a $10 statement credit when they spend $20 on their
American Express Card at the Madison Square Park Shake Shack location.
For more information on American Express' partnership at the 2011 US Open, please visit USOpen.org/NextContenders.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
About The USTA
The USTA is the national governing body for the sport of tennis in the U.S. and the leader in promoting and developing the growth of tennis at every level -- from local communities to the highest level of the professional game. A not-for-profit organization with more than 750,000 members, it invests 100% of its proceeds in growing the game. It owns and operates the US Open, the highest attended annual sporting event in the world, and launched the Olympus US Open Series linking 10 summer tournaments to the US Open. In addition, it owns the 90-plus Pro Circuit events throughout the U.S, and selects the teams for the Davis Cup, Fed Cup, Olympic and Paralympic Games. The USTA philanthropic entity, USTA Serves, provides grants and scholarships and helps underserved youth and people with disabilities. For more information on the USTA, log on to usta.com, "like" the official Facebook page facebook.com/usta or follow @usta on Twitter.