American Express today announced the launch of the American Express for Target Card, a reloadable prepaid card with no monthly or maintenance fees, available exclusively at more than 1,000 U.S. Target stores. The launch of this Card provides millions of Americans with easy access to a consumer-friendly payment solution that is loaded with benefits, not fees.
"We're excited to partner with Target to provide consumers with a safe and secure everyday payment tool. This prepaid reloadable Card is loaded with benefits synonymous with American Express such as Roadside Assistance, Purchase Protection, and Global Assist," said Stefan Happ, Senior Vice President and General Manager of American Express' Global Payment Options. "In addition, it delivers premium value to consumers, with no fees for monthly usage, balance inquiries, alerts or Card replacement."
The Card is available at participating Target stores and funds can be loaded at the register using multiple loading options with the ability to reload in-store, online or by phone. The American Express for Target Card can be used at millions of U.S. merchants that accept American Express Cards, including online retailers, stores, restaurants and more.
Benefits and Cost:
- $3 initial load fee and each subsequent in-store reload at participating Target stores.
- $3 per ATM withdrawal with the first ATM withdrawal per month free (a separate ATM fee by the ATM owner may apply).
- No fees for monthly usage, balance inquiries, alerts or Card replacement.
- Funds on the Card do not expire.
The American Express for Target Card entitles Cardmembers to valuable protections and benefits (subject to terms and conditions*) including:
- Roadside Assistance provides dispatch services including towing, battery recharge, gas delivery, locksmith service and changing a flat tire.
- American Express Selects for Cardmember discounts at select merchants.
- Purchase Protection** which can protect against accidental damage or theft of eligible items for 90 days from date of purchase, up to $1,000 per occurrence and up to $50,000 per Cardmember account per calendar year.
- Global Assist® Services provide trip planning assistance as well as emergency assistance when the Cardmember is traveling more than 100 miles from home.
Online tools provide control and full transparency into how the Card is being used. Cardmembers can:
- View real-time transaction history and monitor spending.
- Receive email or text alerts about low funds, when a transaction has occurred, or when funds have been loaded on the Card.
- Disable/enable ATM access.
- Check Card balance 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Schedule automatic reloading of funds.
This product provides an additional payment option beyond traditional payment forms and is part of American Express's Enterprise Growth initiative. For more information about the American Express for Target Card, visit www.americanexpress.com/target.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.