American Express Global Business Travel, a long standing exhibitor at the Global Business Travel Association Convention (GBTA), is returning once again this year and can be found at booth #1075. Focusing on the evolution of service, the core foundation of any travel management program, a unique historical depiction of American Express's brand connection to its long history of service excellence will be on display.
Attendees can follow the journey of American Express starting in 1850 where it first began as a delivery service company helping its customers to connect from one point to another. Original travel ads and illustrations of various payment solutions highlight the journey to now, as one of the largest travel management companies (TMC), where American Express is still connecting customers and continuing to deliver leading, world class service around the world. To round out the experience, attendees will have the opportunity to share their travel stories at the booth and watch as those stories are transformed into images by a visual artist. Also on display will be demonstrations of new technology and innovations provided as an integral part of the TMCs offering with servicing capabilities online, off-line and on-the-go.
Attendees are also encouraged to follow American Express on Foursquare(TM) (foursquare.com/americanexpress). Check in at American Express Global Business Travel's booth #1075 where special items will be given away throughout the course of the convention.
Summary of American Express Global Business Travel's Activities at GBTA Convention:
Education Session: Travel Industry Leadership: Making Hard Choices in Tough Times
- TA7 -Travel Industry Leadership: Making Hard Choices in Tough Times
- Hervé Sedky, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Sales, Global Business Partnerships, Advisory Services and Meetings and Events, American Express Global Business Travel Global will be on a panel discussing "how they lead their companies and manage their businesses during challenging times."
- Tuesday, August 23 at 10:30 AM
Education Session: Implementing Strategic Meetings Management Globally
- TB15 - Implementing Strategic Meetings Management Globally
- Jocelyne Côté is Director, Account Development, American Express Meetings & Events and Cindy D'Aoust is Vice President Shared Services & Business Development, Maxvantage are two panelists who will be participating in a session on what it takes to roll out a successful strategic meetings management program globally.
- Tuesday, August 23 at 11:50 AM
About American Express Global Business Travel
American Express Global Business Travel, a division of American Express Company, is a global industry leader in business travel and meetings management committed to helping businesses succeed through cost-effective program management, world-class customer service, and enhanced traveler productivity and support worldwide. Through leading online, offline and on-the-go solutions, consulting services, business insights and research, supplier negotiation expertise, and meetings and events capabilities, innovative services are delivered to clients to maximize their return on investment. Learn more at americanexpress.com/businesstravel interact with peers on businesstravelconnexion.com and follow us on facebook.com/businesstraveconneXion and twitter.com/btconnexion.
American Express operates one of the world's largest travel agency networks with locations in over 140 countries worldwide. Total travel sales volume processed in 2010 was $25.7 billion, including consolidated volume and non-consolidated volume processed through joint ventures and partner network.
American Express Company is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.