American Express today announced the launch of a new card which recognises and rewards consumers for their individual spending preferences. Called the American Express Rewards Card, this new offering is an industry first in Singapore that allows members to choose their Favourite 5 places to shop, dine and spend and rewards them with 50% more bonus points(1) each time they spend at their Favourite 5 places.
Explaining the motivation behind this, American Express Singapore Country Manager Simon Kahn said: "We've received feedback from customers that they are looking for greater customization and are frustrated by having to carry so many cards linked to different reward programs. That is why we have decided to introduce the American Express Rewards Card – the first credit card in Singapore to recognise and reward consumers according to their personal spending choices.
"Customers simply choose their favourite 5 places to shop and we'll give them 50% bonus points when they use their American Express Rewards Card. We want to reward customers just for doing what they do everyday."
"We've also heard from customers that they find the many different types of card reward programs in the market very confusing and the calculation of points complicated. As such, we have decided to introduce a simple and straightforward 1 reward point for $1 spent on the American Express Rewards Card. Best of all, your reward points never expire."
To demonstrate that a little spend can get you great rewards fast, you just need to spend only $500 a month to redeem a return air ticket(2) to Bali.
At a glance, perks of the card include:
- Generous reward points system with simplified earn rate of S$1 = 1 point
- Reward points never expire
- Choice of over 200 exciting rewards
- 50% bonus points at your Favourite 5 places
- 50% bonus points every time and everywhere when you spend $5,000 in a calendar year
- 50% bonus points on all overseas spend until 31 March 2011
In addition, cardmembers can look forward to travel perks that compliment their lifestyle:
- 15% off the Best Unrestricted Rate at over 60 Pullman and Novotel properties across Asia Pacific
- Complimentary Accor Club Gold Membership
- Free Travel Inconveniences Insurance
Addressing increasing concerns with credit card security, American Express Rewards Cardmembers will also enjoy American Express' No Worries Guarantee:
- 90-Day Purchase Protection
- 90-Day Return Guarantee
- Online Fraud Protection Guarantee
- Limited Liability on lost/stolen Cards
To celebrate the launch of the American Express Rewards Card , those who sign up for the card online at http://www.yourrewardscard.com will receive 10,000 bonus points upon the first transaction. American Express is also giving away attractive prizes daily to consumers who participate in its interactive mobile contest from 12 – 25 July 2010.
For more information, please log on to www.yourrewardscard.com.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, twitter.com/americanexpress and youtube.com/americanexpress.
(1) Applicable for the first $5,000 spend in a calendar year
(2) Terms & conditions apply.
(3) Applicants require an income of S$50K per annum or S$60K for self-employed and non-Singaporeans; Annual card fee of S$50 with first 2 supplementary card fee permanently waived