American Express OPEN today launched SearchManager, a new product for small business owners that simplifies search engine advertising, an increasingly important way to find new customers and drive sales. SearchManager streamlines the way business owners can manage their online advertising and is powered by Clickable, an award-winning developer of online advertising solutions.
SearchManager provides immediate, single-point access to all major search engines, including Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft AdCenter -- even Facebook Ads. By eliminating the hassle of multiple logins and interfaces, SearchManager enables business owners to more effectively manage their campaigns, which can help drive greater efficiency and ROI on their advertising investments.
"Our research has found that many entrepreneurs have yet to tap the power of search, as nearly three-quarters are not spending money on search engine marketing," said Rob Ciccone, vice president, American Express OPEN. "We listened closely to business owners when developing SearchManager and designed it to address their need for a trusted, fully transparent partner that helps them market to prospective customers in an economical, more efficient way."
Search engines are an increasingly influential resource for customers looking for products and services, and marketers are responding by reallocating budgets. According to Forrester Research's US Interactive Marketing Forecast, search advertising leads the pack among interactive marketing tactics and is expected to grow 15 percent per year for then next four years.
But technical barriers, time constraints, and the perception that search advertising is too expensive and complex has kept many small businesses from exploring the opportunity and utilizing search management technologies to improve their listings on Google and other major search engines. SearchManager's set of straightforward tools helps take the complexities out of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and provides small businesses easy management across ad networks.
SearchManager includes the following features and benefits:
- Tiered-solutions for customized assistance.
- SearchManager Pro is a self-managed solution for small business marketers who are currently doing search advertising, but are looking for a simple and more efficient bid management experience via a centralized dashboard.
- SearchManager Assist includes the same benefits as Pro, but also helps small business owners fully outsource or jumpstart their online marketing with the help of a dedicated PPC consultant to manage their campaign.
- Easy and intuitive. In one view, small businesses have a summary of campaigns via a straightforward dashboard, key metrics, and summary actions, with an analysis of results and advice on potential improvements;
- Ongoing campaign analysis. SearchManager provides users with continual feedback and analysis of campaigns with prioritized actions and alerts. This includes information about bids, budgeting, and even advice on optimizing ad copy;
- Full reporting capabilities. Small businesses know exactly where they stand each time they make changes to campaigns with full reporting of all key metrics and custom reports;
- Phone, online and in-person assistance. SearchManager offers users help via phone, live chat, and in-person assistance.
To introduce small businesses to SearchManager's capabilities, American Express OPEN is offering a 30-day free trial, which includes full access to all features.
American Express OPEN is more than just card products
"OPEN has been extremely successful in providing helpful news, information and connections through OPEN Forum, our award-winning small business community. Now, we're focused on leveraging the Internet in new ways to deliver new products and services that will help entrepreneurs run their companies," said Ciccone.
SearchManager is the latest offering in a suite of comprehensive online business tools that complement OPEN's card products for small businesses. Today, the OPEN business suite includes:
- AcceptPay -- A web-based tool that allows small business owners to accept online payments and electronically invoice customers -- all in one place;
- InsuranceEdge -- An online portal that offers small business owners real-time, competitive quotes from some of the nation's leading insurance carriers;
- FX International Payments from American Express -- A service that allows businesses to make international wire transfers;
- SearchManager -- An online solution that allows business owners to easily manage paid search campaigns across all major search ad networks, including Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, Microsoft AdCenter, and even Facebook Ads -- via a centralized dashboard.
About American Express OPEN®
American Express OPEN is the leading payment card issuer for small businesses in the United States and supports business owners with products and services to help them run and grow their businesses. This includes business charge and credit cards that deliver purchasing power, flexibility, rewards, savings on business services from an expanded lineup of partners and online tools and services designed to help improve profitability. Learn more at OPEN.com and connect with us at openforum.com and twitter.com/openforum.
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, twitter.com/americanexpress and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Clickable is a platform that makes online advertising simple, instant and profitable(TM). It empowers beginners through professionals to maximize their advertising investment. Clickable makes you more efficient, effective, and confident. That's why customers often say: "Clickable is like having a trusted advisor by your side ensuring success." To learn more, visit Clickable.com.