American Express announced today they will offer a variety of premium benefits and onsite programs at the 2010 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach designed to enhance the spectator experience for Cardmembers and attendees. American Express will be providing new interactive experiences for all golf fans at the American Express® Championship Experience. Additionally, the Company will welcome back CourseCast TV and Radio devices to bring attendees closer to the game, and the exclusive American Express Cardmember Club, providing a premium escape on the 15th fairway.
Located near the main entrance, the American Express Championship Experience gives all attendees the opportunity to get involved in the action. An array of historic memorabilia from the USGA collection will be on display, including landmark moments in golf history and the legacy of U.S. Open Championships at Pebble Beach. With highlights that appeal to avid players and general spectators, this year's American Express Championship Experience will include:
Interactive Media Wall - Those convening in the Championship Experience tent will be able to interact with American Express' innovative 35-foot multimedia wall and spectator experience highlighting a Live Leaderboard, USOPEN.com feeds, as well as tweets featuring the #amexgolf hashtag and insights from golf industry experts.
- American Express CourseLink - Mobile devices must be left at home during Championship play, but fans onsite will still have an opportunity to share their experience at the U.S. Open with friends and family through their social media networks. CourseLink kiosks enable visitors to join the conversation and share their experiences using Twitter and #amexgolf to tag their tweets, snap a photo and share personalized messages with their preferred social networks, such as Facebook and Foursquare. Twitter messages will be featured on the Interactive Media Wall, as well as USOPEN.com and the official U.S. Open iPhone application.
"American Express is proud to once again be partnering with the USGA to bring all golf enthusiasts even more unique experiences this year at the 2010 U.S. Open," said Courtney Kelso, Vice President, Sports and Entertainment Access Strategy, American Express. "As our culture and golf becomes more tech-savvy, we're thrilled to use social media, swing motion technology, and broadcast devices to enhance fans' knowledge and passion for golf."
Always a crowd-pleaser at the U.S. Open, American Express will be providing Cardmembers with complimentary Swing Analysis and CourseCast TV and Radio devices to enhance the viewing experience, bringing golf fans even closer to the game they love:
- Complimentary Swing Analysis - With cameras to capture swing and advanced motion technology to analyze form, golf enthusiasts can meet with a PGA of America Professional to help improve their game. Cardmembers are offered personalized 10-minute golf lessons by appointment utilizing this dynamic technology.
- American Express CourseCast TV - Cardmembers have exclusive access to hand-held televisions, powered by Kangaroo TV, that deliver a live telecast of the championship and player information from anywhere on the course so they're guaranteed not to miss a swing. The TVs are available for Cardmembers to borrow daily June 17-20.
- American Express CourseCast Radio - To stay fully connected to the action, Cardmembers can enjoy free radio devices to listen to the play-by-play commentary and live updates from the ESPN radio broadcast, while they watch the excitement from the grounds. The Radios are available for Cardmembers daily June 17-20.
As an oasis from the day's action, American Express will host the Cardmember Club, giving Cardmembers exclusive access to the premium experience on-site at Pebble Beach, featuring a relaxed and air-conditioned environment, outdoor deck with a view of the 15th fairway, flat-screen televisions airing the Championship action, food and beverage for purchase and more.
American Express is a proud supporter of the USGA and its mission to preserve golf's past, foster its future and champion its best interests for everyone who enjoys the game. Away from the course, golf fans far and wide will be able to stay in touch with the action at the 2010 U.S. Open through the official U.S. Open iPhone application and innovative features on USOpen.com presented by American Express.
- Official iPhone Application of the U.S. Open presented by American Express -- American Express has partnered with the USGA on the U.S. Open iPhone application where iPhone users can access an insider's guide complete with real-time scores, news, course information and tune into the live action on the grounds.
- USOpen.com presented by American Express -- American Express will present the Course Section on USOpen.com, providing an advanced overview of Pebble Beach, including HD images, course flyovers, walkthrough videos of each hole and more. The site will also feature a historical look back into U.S. Open championships hosted at Pebble Beach where fans can watch highlight video clips of the most memorable shots and enjoy a Virtual Pebble Beach gaming experience replicating these unforgettable moments in golf history.
Through the official.U.S. Open iPhone application and USOpen.com, American Express will feature Twitter feeds from golf fans and industry leaders to provide perspective and insights with fans following the championship online. Fans everywhere can join the conversation on Twitter by tagging their tweets with #AmexGolf.
To learn more about American Express' onsite activties and offers, visit the Members Clubhouse at americanexpress.com/golf.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, twitter.com/americanexpress and youtube.com/americanexpress.