American Express announced today the launch of My Movie Pitch, a contest to bring one great movie idea to life as an independent short film that will debut at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival. In the true spirit of great storytelling and independent cinema, film enthusiasts everywhere can visit www.amexfilm.com today to upload their 60-second, dream movie pitch in hopes of seeing their idea brought to life on the big screen.
In each of two rounds, five finalists will be selected by viewers and a panel of Tribeca Film directors to win an American Express Filmmaker's Toolkit, including a laptop, movie editing software package and an HD video camera. A special panel of Tribeca Film Directors including Brian Hill, Dev Benegal, Julien Kemp, Måns Herngren, Tarik Saleh, Jacob Tierney, David Russo, Jac Schaeffer, Julien Nitzberg, Mat Whitecross and Josh Appignanesi will select the grand prize winner, who will have his or her pitch made into a 15-minute short film by one of the Tribeca Film Directors. The winner will receive a trip for two to New York City and VIP access to see the short film debut at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival.
Everyone is encouraged to rate the movie pitches at www.amexfilm.com with either a "thumbs up" for the idea they believe would make the best movie or a "thumbs down" for an idea that they believe should not make the cut. The public vote will be calculated into the finalist selection as the judges help determine the top picks.
My Movie Pitch Competition Calendar
Everybody has a film idea, a story made for the movies, and American Express wants to hear it. Whether it's funny or tragic, romantic or sci-fi, cinéma vérité or surreal, the My Movie Pitch competiton provides the chance to win.
My Movie Pitch: Take One
- Pitch Your Movie: From May 27 to June 24, 2010, upload your 60-second movie pitch at www.amexfilm.com.
- Vote for the Best: From June 25 to July 24, 2010, film fans everywhere are encouraged to visit www.amexfilm.com and rate pitches with a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down."
- The Judges Weigh In: From July 25 to Auguest 8, 2010, American Express' panel of Tribeca Film directors will judge entries based on creativity/originality of the movie pitch, creativity/originality of the delivery of the movie pitch, popular vote and overall box office potential. Five winners will each receive the Filmmaker's Toolkit and move on to the Grand Prize Winner judging period.
My Movie Pitch: Take Two
- Pitch Your Movie: From August 15 to September 15, 2010, you have another chance to win. Upload your 60-second movie pitch at www.amexfilm.com.
- Vote for the Best: From September 16 to October 15, 2010, visit www.amexfilm.com and rate pitches.
- The Judges Weigh In: From October 16-30, 2010, American Express' panel of Tribeca Film directors will judge entries based on creativity/originality of the movie pitch, creativity/originality of the delivery of the movie pitch, popular vote and overall box office potential. Five winners will each receive the Filmmaker's Toolkit and move on to the Grand Prize Winner judging period.
The Final Cut: Grand Prize Winner Selection
On December 1, 2010, the panel of Tribeca Film judges will select one of the 10 finalists to receive the grand prize and see their dream movie idea made into a reality by a celebrated independent filmmaker. The grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to New York City to attend the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival as a VIP and see their story brought to life on the big screen.
To learn more about My Movie Pitch and American Express' continuing support of independent cinema and Tribeca Film, visit www.amexfilm.com.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, twitter.com/americanexpress and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and DC, who are the age of majority in their state of residence (19 in NE and AL, 21 in MS and 18 years of age or older everywhere else) at the time of entry, and have a YouTube account. YouTube accounts are free. Entries for Cycle I will be accepted between May 27, 2010 at 9:00:00 AM ET and June 24, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM ET and for Cycle II between August 15, 2010 at 9:00:00 AM ET and September 15, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Prizes: Cycle Winners (10 total, 1 prize each): one "Filmmaker Toolkit" which consists of: one laptop computer, one movie editing software package, and one portable video camera. ARV: $3,500.00 each; Grand Prize: A trip for two (2) to the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival in New York City. ARV: $4,828.00. See Official Rules, which govern, for complete details, including submission requirements, use of entries, judging criteria and procedures, and prize details. Official Rules are available at www.youtube.com/americanexpress. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., American Express Tower, World Financial Center, New York, New York 10285. Tribeca Enterprises LLC (including its subsidiaries and affiliated companies) is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of this Contest or the selection of winners. YouTube is not a sponsor of or in any way affiliated with this Contest.