American Express and American Airlines today announced the launch of the American Express® / Business ExtrAA® Corporate Platinum Card. The new product is designed for mid-sized companies seeking to balance comfort, ease and productivity for their executive business travelers while simultaneously reducing corporate expenses.
With the new Business ExtrAA Corporate Platinum Card, companies and executive business travelers will enjoy premium benefits and services, including one American Airlines domestic companion ticket per year, access to the Admirals Club® and concierge services.
The Card also comes with all of the benefits of the existing American Express® / Business ExtrAA Corporate Card, including offering companies up to four percent cash rebates on all American Airlines and American Eagle flights charged to the card, and Business ExtrAA points for all card purchases. Business ExtrAA points can be redeemed by member companies for flight awards, upgrades, Admirals Club memberships and conference rooms, and more. In addition, individual Card members receive a $50 American Airlines gift card for every $5,000 of eligible card spend.
“The new Platinum card product we are launching jointly with American Express is designed specifically for middle-market companies with business travel needs,” said Derek DeCross, Vice President of Sales for American Airlines. “In this tough economy, we understand face-to-face meetings are critical to the success of our corporate customers and we are happy to offer a product that can help turn necessary travel expenses into company savings and meaningful employee rewards.”
“Our corporate clients wanted a card designed for their frequent travelers that would enhance their travel experience and maximize travel rewards,” said Sheryl McKenzie, Vice President, American Express Global Commercial Card. “We are delighted to launch this new co-branded product with American Airlines and provide our discerning clients with a premium product that rewards their employees and saves their company money.”
Employee Benefits Include:
- American Airlines Domestic Companion Ticket – Card members receive one American Airlines domestic companion ticket for each year of membership.
- American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge Access – Card members have access to any Admirals Club lounge worldwide on the day of their American Airlines or American Airlines marketed flight. Lounge access includes full Internet access through HP Compaq 8000 Elite Business PCs and complimentary beverages, including well brand liquor, beer and house wines.
- Travel Rewards – For every $5,000 of eligible spending, Card members can earn a $50 American Airlines gift card, up to a maximum of $1,000 in gift cards per year. Rewards can be earned on any eligible business purchase, such as client dinners, office supplies, airfare and hotels — so rewards add up quickly.
- Concierge Services – Superior executive service and support, for both business and personal needs, is available to Card members 24/7.
- The Business ExtrAA Corporate Platinum Card also offers insurance and security benefits such as Premium Global Assist®, Business Travel Accident Insurance, Baggage Insurance Plan, Identify Theft Assistance and Emergency Card Replacement.
Company Benefits Include:
- Company-level Award Points – Every eligible dollar spent on the Business ExtrAA Corporate Platinum Card earns companies Business ExtrAA points, redeemable for over 50 award options, including travel worldwide, upgrades to First and Business class cabins, Admirals Club memberships and more.
Plus, for every new Business ExtrAA Corporate Platinum Card opened between Oct. 15, 2010, and Dec. 15, 2010, companies earn 2,000 bonus Business ExtrAA points – enough for one domestic round trip Award Travel ticket.
- Cash Rebates – Companies receive a cash rebate of up to four percent when employees use the Business ExtrAA Corporate Platinum Card to purchase American Airlines or American Eagle tickets.
- Savings at Work® Rebates - The American Express Savings at Work® program provides access to pre-negotiated discounts and savings of up to five percent from top brand partners on travel, dining and business services like shipping and conferencing.
- American Express Corporate Card Benefits – All American Express Corporate Cards provide reporting and expense management features that help companies control spending and capture important expense data.
The Business ExtrAA Corporate Platinum Card carries an annual fee of $395 and is available in the United States. For more information, please visit: http://corp.americanexpress.com/GCS/cards/bx/.
American Express and American Airlines have enjoyed a long-term partnership, beginning in 2004 when they launched the Business ExtrAA Corporate Card. The Business ExtrAA Corporate Card products provide companies with significant savings and employee rewards, which not only increase employee satisfaction, but motivate employees to use the products for all their expenses, providing greater visibility into company spending and greater control.
About American Express Global Commercial Card
Through its Global Commercial Card group, American Express provides the Corporate Card, Corporate Purchasing Solutions, and other expense management services to mid-sized companies and large corporations worldwide. In the U.S., it is the leading issuer of commercial cards, serving more than 70 percent of the Fortune 500, as well as tens of thousands of mid-sized companies. American Express issues local-currency commercial cards in more than 40 countries, and International Dollar Corporate Cards in an additional 100+ countries. For more information, visit www.americanexpress.com/corporate.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at www.americanexpress.com.
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection® serve 250 cities in 40 countries with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American’s award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve nearly 700 destinations in more than 130 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, We know why you fly and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. (NYSE: AMR)
About Business ExtrAA®
Business ExtrAA is a program that rewards businesses when their employees fly on American Airlines with points that can be redeemed for flights, upgrades, Admirals Club memberships and conference rooms, and more. There is no cost to join and while the company earns points, employees still earn their AAdvantage miles. Eligible companies must have 2 or more travelers. For program details and other information on business products offered by American Airlines, please visit www.aa.com/business.