Serve2Gether Consulting supports American Express' commitment to strengthen the nonprofit sector by deploying teams of American Express employees to provide pro-bono consulting to key nonprofit organizations.
WHEN: Annually, during a ten week period, beginning in March and ending in June.
THE CONSULTING CHALLENGE
WHERE: Projects take place virtually and at American Express offices.
WHO: Open to nonprofit organizations in the New York metropolitan area.
APPLICATION PROCESS: We are currently accepting applications for the 2017 program. The deadline to apply is January 13th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Serve2Gether Consulting Challenge matches selected nonprofits and social enterprises with employees on short-term consulting projects in order to address a specific organizational challenge or opportunity identified by the nonprofit client. Selected organizations must commit staff resources of 3-5 hours per week over a 10 week period to work with their assigned consulting team. At the end of the consulting engagements, teams compete to receive a seed funding grant to begin implementing the organizational recommendations resulting from these consultations. American Express employees are ready to help address the business challenges listed below:
Marketing & Outreach
- Key Messages & Brand Strategy: Succinctly articulate your mission, describe programs/services, and develop differentiated positioning from your peer organizations.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Determine how you can best utilize digital channels (e.g., mobile, search engines, blogs, and social media) and digital marketing to achieve your objectives.
- Building Customer Relationships: Develop strategies to deepen your relationships with existing clients/audiences to further engage with your organization.
- Targeting New Audiences: Develop strategies for targeting important new clients/audiences and successfully engage them in your work.
- Financial Strategy: Improve your financial tracking or modeling approach. The team will suggest improvements and/or create new tools for budget tracking, cost analysis and/or forecasting.
- Peer Benchmarking: Map your competitive landscape by creating a set of detailed profiles for a select group of peers.
- Opportunity Analysis: Develop a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis to provide an in-depth look at the overall environment in which you operate or a specific organizational opportunity/challenge.
People Management/Human Resources
- Human Resources Capacity Build: Assess your HR and talent management capabilities to define the right approach to link improved HR practices to your broader organizational goals.
Performance Management: Identify HR strategies to increase productivity by setting target goals and managing staff progress.
Please email email@example.com for more information on how to apply.
Serve2Gether Consulting+Serve2Gether Consulting+ is a new online platform that enables nonprofit organizations to post pro bono projects and get connected to a pool of skilled volunteers. Serve2Gether Consulting+ is a program offered in partnership with Taproot Foundation, an expert in sourcing and delivering successful pro bono service engagements. Projects on this platform are in the areas of Business Operations (finance, strategy, operations), Marketing/Communications (media/public relations, brand strategy, digital marketing, graphic and multimedia design, Human Resources (recruiting, performance management, learning & development), and Information Management (website development, CRM optimization, mobile app development). Typical projects last 4-6 weeks and can be done virtually.
For more information and to get started, click here to be directed to Serve2Gether Consulting+.
The Community CorpsAmerican Express supports The Community Corps, an online volunteer portal that connects corporate volunteers to nonprofits seeking IT support. The Community Corps is a program developed by NPower, a U.S. nonprofit that provides technology consulting to other nonprofits. Organizations can select from the existing portfolio of project types or request a customized project based on their unique needs. Typical projects last about 10 to 25 hours and can be done virtually.
For more information and to register, click here to be directed to The Community Corps website.
To request that your organization is added to the mailing list to receive information on Serve2Gether Consulting programs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.